Wednesday, December 9, 2015

How We Wore It // Holiday Plaid

 
 
I absolutely love plaid scarves in the winter. They really can add to any outfit. Anyways, when I came across Brooke's How We Wore It posts, I knew I had to join in. I love using pictures as inspiration for my own outfits (thank you Pinterest).
 
When I saw the inspiration picture (seriously, she is so gorgeous), I fell in love with all the different patterns. Honestly, I could've gone anywhere with it, and I love that about this link-up; you don't have to match it perfectly. It's just meant to inspire.
 
via Because Shanna Said So
 

So where I live in Texas, it is still pretty hot (make that extremely hot) so I opted for no sweater, but instead just a short-sleeve, thin tee from Old Navy in black.  The skirt is from Old Navy as well. It is a super stretchy, very comfortable fabric. Highly recommend.


Dang, look at that model status face. Can you say "fail"?? Guys, I'm bringing the duck face back. Just you wait for it.


The scarf I borrowed from a friend. Instead of booties, I decided on these boots because I'm obsessed. The boots are from Mia, and I love them. However, if you live somewhere cold, they aren't super insulated. My toes get pretty cold. But style-wise, they're very cute and can be worn with almost anything!

Embrace your inner fashionista! Don't think you have to match the pictures you see on Pinterest or blogs exactly! They're meant to inspire. I'm so thankful I was able to share this outfit with ya'll.

Go check out all the other lovely blogs participating in this collab! I seriously can't wait to see what everyone came up with.

Brooke at Silver Lining
Robin at Penn & Quill
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Maren at Maren and Co
Brielle at Breezy and Co
Tayler at The Morrell Tale
Sharlee at My New Lines
Berkley at Berkley Anne
Jennifer at The Pepper Express
Alexa at He and I
Hannah at Hannah Rae
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi
Amy at Harris Inc.
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley
Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Sarah at My For Real Life
Kyla at FordOlogy
Riley at Riley Jo Blog
Shelbie at R+S Brereton
Sierra at Sierra's View
Emma at Ever Emma
Danica at Danikan Skywalker
Deidre at Deidre Emme
 
 
What's your favorite clothing item in your closet this winter?
 
Leave a comment below, and thanks for reading!
 
Don't forget to sign up for the next How We Wore It on Brooke's blog.
 
Follow

34 comments :

  1. I absolutely love the two patterns--the stripes and the plaid. I also love how cozy this outfit looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was definitely super cozy. And I love the red scarf you made for your outfit!

      Delete
  2. That skirt, that skirt! Killin' it sister. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely loved your outfit, it goes with the inspiration so well yet it's different! Not to mention you're gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Stunning outfit Eden! Tights and boots in Texas heat... I give you major style props!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Luckily there was a nice breeze while I was out taking pictures! Hallelujah.

      Delete
  4. Nailed it! I love this, and I would totally wear the exact same outfit for this warm Arizona winter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy I was able to join in for it this month! I love reading your blog.

      Delete
  5. My favorite item of clothing this winter is my green cargo vest I bought on Thred Up. It's Madewell and perfect!
    I am a HUGE fan of Old Navy, so I love this whole outfit. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I've been wanting a cargo vest for a while now! I bet it looks amazing! Thanks so much for commenting! And Old Navy really is awesome haha.

      Delete
  6. #1- love your outfit, you look great. #2- I need some Texas heat in my life right now. #3- I am/was a Howard (maiden name). Like with most Howards I meet, we probably aren't related, but can pretend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and take some of this Texas heat! We have plenty to spare. Haha and thank you! We can totally pretend we're related (it would be awesome to be related to someone with such an amazing blog)

      Delete
  7. LOVE this take on the outfit! You look amazing and that skirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot! Haha, it's really comfy, too!

      Delete
  8. LOVE that you went with pattern mixing! Such a fun combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first with mixing them, but I went for it! Super fun!

      Delete
  9. Those boots are way cute! And you can't go wrong with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love them! (I probably wear them way more often than I should ... make that definitely) And thank you!

      Delete
  10. Love your scarf, looks very similar to mine. ;) And I really like those boots too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish it wasn't my friend's scarf, because I totally love it! Have an awesome day! :)

      Delete
  11. You look great! I love the scarf and boots! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the flannel you incorporated into your outfit! It was an awesome idea to take the pattern of the scarf and use it for that instead!

      Delete
  12. I like how you put together different patterns! I really need to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was hesitant at first, but I think it turned out well!

      Delete
  13. Your whole outfit is on point! Visiting from How We Wore It

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is ADORABLE. This is totally an outfit that I would wear teaching or out and about!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! :) I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  15. i really love the plaid with the stripes. i have a very similar skirt and scarf so i can easily recreate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you found this useful! I'd love to see how you recreate it :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so comment!

And if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...