Saturday, September 5, 2015

5 things that got me through the week ...

Hello wonderful readers! It's been a while. Holy cow.

School has been so gosh-dang hectic. It's crazy. I feel like every day I'm just going through the same motions.


I don't either baby ... I don't either.

But yeah, it feels like the same thing. Wake up. Go to seminary. Go to school. Barely see my friends. Stress over grades. Go home. Do homework. Sleep (for like 4 hours). Repeat.

And I repeat this process until the solace that is the temporary weekend approaches.

So I apologize for my two (and a half?) week hiatus. I'm trying to do better, especially since I am (kinda?) getting the hang of things. It is a process.

For this post, I am making a list of the FIVE things that got me through this week. Without these things, I might have just passed out and died from exhaustion and feeling like poop in the middle of the hallway at school.

- Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld. The lyrics to this song and the upbeat sound totally set my mood of a good, happy day multiple times. I highly suggest giving it a listen. They are so positive and the message tells you to LOVE YOURSELF. You don't need anybody else. You can make the choice to love yourself.

- Breyer's Blasts! Oreo Cookies & Cream Chocolate Ice Cream. This stuff. Wow. This stuff is the definition of heaven wrapped into a big spoonful of chocolatey goodness. I may or may not have stocked up on three gallons of it. But shhhh ... I won't tell if you won't.


- Joshua 1:9. This scripture was part of a devotional we had in seminary (a Bible Study class in the morning before school) and it hit me hard. Like, I'm not sure I've felt like that while reading a scripture except maybe one time before. "The Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." He is always going to be there for me. And you. And everyone. I really needed that reminder.

Not my image, but if you can read that link ^^

- Curly hair. I curled my hair on Thursday, which is a rare thing because it requires me getting up even earlier in order to do it. And I also have this secret recipe for curling my hair that gives me these big, bouncy, Southern-girl looking curls. Full of volume. And I love it. I wore my hair like that on Thursday and I got sooooooo many compliments. It made me feel so good! Someone even called me a super-model. I don't know about you, but when I'm feeling confident and then someone compliments me? It's just a good day.




And finally ... Kurtis Cutler's vlogs on Youtube! Kurtis is a fellow classmate at school, and he is so great. Watching his vlogs reminds me that I'm not the only one getting barely any sleep, doing a bunch of homework every night, and just wanting to kick back and chill. He is so funny and sarcastic too, and his video-editing skills are great.

And those are my top 5 things that got me through this past week! If you like these types of posts, give me a comment so I know! Maybe this will become a weekly thing. 

Thanks for reading and make sure to follow on Bloglovin'




No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so comment!

And if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...