Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lara's bridal shower + pics

Big news, everyone! If you didn't already know, my step-sister Lara is getting married this month!! There was a bridal shower for her about a week ago, and I took some pictures because the entire thing was so cute and well put-together. Her future mother-in-law and sister-in-law are absolutely amazing women and I absolutely can't WAIT for the wedding.


When you walked in there was this table pictured above and it had a little bird cage that you could put letters in. It also had a cute silver jar called the "Date Jar." I grabbed a silver Popsicle stick, wrote my idea with a Sharpie pen, and then I stuck it in the jar. 


The food was to DIE for. There were a bunch of different types of salads and I tried them all. They had delicious rolls as well, and I swear to you I had at LEAST seven or eight. 


The dessert was even more amazing. They made the cupcakes homemade, including the frosting, and formed them on the plate to look like a wedding dress. So cute!! And delicious. I took some home to eat for later.


They also had chocolate mini cupcakes and these chocolate-drizzled fruit/marshmallow/brownie kabobs. Another delicious dessert that brought me coming back for more. They also had tiny Hershey chocolate in a bowl!



I think this was the coolest part. It was an Italian Soda Bar! I had never heard of this type of soda before, but it was so good! It had the instructions to the side and then you just made it yourself. So tasty! First, you filled your glass with ice. Then you added 1-2 pumps of flavored syrup, and you could even mix flavors. If you wanted, you could add an ounce of cream. Then, you filled the rest of the cup with carbonated water and topped it with whipped cream and a cute white and pink straw.


This was a picture taken while she was opening gifts. She received so many things from the store she registered at! Everyone was so generous. That is her future mother-in-law to the left of her. We had just finished playing a game of Who Knows the Bride the Best and How Well Does the Bride Know the Groom. Her future sister-in-law had a really cute idea where she filmed her brother responding to the questions that we were asking Lara to answer to see how well she knew him. His answers were so cute, especially how he responded. It was such a cute idea!

I absolutely loved meeting her fiance's family, and it just made me even more excited for the wedding. My house has been full of preparations, and the day is coming even closer. A little less than two weeks! I'm going to be one of her bridesmaids, so expect pictures of that and also of the reception!

Have any of  you been a bridemaid? This will be my first wedding and reception to attend!!

Thanks so much for reading and remember to follow this blog on bloglovin'


2 comments :

  1. I love this post! That Italian Soda look soooo good!
    Keep up the great work on your blog! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, the Italian soda was amazingggg. I love your blog as well :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so comment!

And if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...