Tuesday, August 4, 2015

the #MormonGirl tag

Image Source
I was reading through some of my favorite blogs the other day and I came across a post about a new Mormon Girl tag. Intrigued, I decided it would be worth a shot. You can find the original post here.

Have you finished your Personal Progress? Do you have any Honor Bees?
No, I haven't finished my Personal Progress yet. I'm actually working on this blog as one of my last few value projects.

Favorite YW value?
I have a few favorites, but I really like virtue. I think it is so important, and a virtuous woman literally shines so bright. There is just an infinite light radiating from her. I know of some family members who used to have and keep such high standards, and I remember wanting to be just like them. They were so happy. And over the years, things have happened and they've lost that light. I see pictures of them and they look so empty, and it makes me sad. But I know that thanks to the healing power of the Atonement, that little light can shine bright again.

Girls Camp or Youth Conference?
Youth conference. I love it. I meet so many new people and we get so close in just a matter of a couple of days. And the activities we do! This past year we did a HUGE service project and it strengthened my testimony of the power of service so much, and how it is in doing service that not only brings us closer to others, but to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father as well.

Favorite scripture verse?
Helaman 5:12

Picture originally found here
I love how it declares, "They CANNOT fall." I find that so powerful, how if we put all our faith in him and just try, the storms will have no power over us.

Favorite hymn?
A Child's Prayer. At a Youth Conference two years ago, we were sitting underneath this large tree that enveloped us like the Tree of Life, and it was so quiet. So we began to sing. And we sang the entire thing twice. And it was so simple and beautiful. I still remember the feeling to this day.

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.

Have you ever been to EFY?
Yes yes yes yes yes. And it was an amazing experience both times and I cannot WAIT to go again. My heart hurts just reminiscing about it. I think I have an intense case of nostalgia. I loved EFY. Being around so many amazing people who are just so friendly, and then truly understanding more about who you are and what your purpose is in life ... it is something I hope I never forget. You can read more of my posts about EFY here and here.

What is your dream mission?
Somewhere in Europe, or the Utah Salt Lake Temple Square mission. Yeah, I know. That last one seems so eh, like really Eden? But I think it would be an amazing mission.

Do you want to go to BYU?
So far, that is what I'm planning for.

Do you have a church bag?
Yes, and I have to remind myself to clean it a lot. I may or may not sneak a lot of candy in there...

Favorite woman in the scriptures?
Queen Esther. She was so brave and truly an amazing example.

Favorite Mormon celebrity?
David Archuletaaa or Brooklyn and Bailey.

Do you watch the Shaytards? Cute Girls Hairstyles?
Just Cute Girls Hairstyles!

Lindsey Stirling or the Piano Guys?
I love both, but I think I would have to go with Lindsey Stirling. I love the way she incorporates the beautiful violin into a dubstep twist. She puts her heart into that music, and she definitely created something unique.

Well, I have to say I'm pleased with this tag! It really made me think, and I will admit that I discovered a few new things about myself! I totally encourage you guys to do this tag if you have a blog yourself.

Image Source
Thanks for reading :)

Follow the blog for updates directly to your phone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so comment!

And if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...