Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 is MY year to GLOW!

Before I forget to say this, please take the time to fill out this survey here. It's short, but it will help me so much! I really want to know what ya'll would like to see from this blog in 2016. Okay...that is all :)

I am feeling so inspired right now. Maybe it has something to do with the new year. Maybe it has something to do with Glorious by David Archuleta playing downstairs. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I just watched all of Al Fox Carraway's YouTube videos. Who knows? Either way, I'm lovin' it.

---

2015 was a tough year for me. It brought with it the challenges of being a teenager in today's society. Feeling like I'll never be good enough. Like I'm doing everything wrong. That I'm "too skinny" or not as good of a member of the church as I should be.  However, it was also a great year.

Originally, as I typed the draft for this post, I started off with the great things first and ended with the tough things. I quickly switched it around, because I prefer to dwell on the wonderful things that changed me. I met amazing people. I attended Youth Conference in April and EFY over the summer. I participated in my stake's Youth Christmas fireside. I started this blog. I began to uncover my true worth. I discovered talents I never knew I had. And I think, best of all, I became closer to my Heavenly Father.

I'm still not perfect, though. And I never will be. Not in this lifetime, anyways. But through Christ, I CAN become perfected. It takes effort on my part. And wordly sacrifices. It takes recognizing my weaknesses and being humble enough to seek God's help in turning those weaknesses into strengths.

About a week ago, a weakness of mine that I had tried ignoring for the longest time was shoved in my face. It was embarassing. But above all else, it was truly humbling. I know now that I must take action, and look to God for help.

I didn't realize this at first, though. As I was beating myself up about it, I read the January edition of the New Era. In it, I found a scripture that really resonated with me. It was Ether 12:27. It reads:

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Isn't that such an amazing promise? Especially the last part, "...then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  We all have weaknesses. That is part of being human. But I KNOW that through having faith in God, we can turn those weaknesses into strengths.

This year, I want to make a difference.

I'm going to dive head-first into the gospel.

I'm going to finish my Personal Progress.

I'm going to STUDY the Book of Mormon, not just read it.

I'm going to keep a prayer in my heart, and increase my communication with God EVERYDAY.

I'm going to use social media for more good by sharing uplifting messages.

I'm going to start memorizing scriptures and truly pondering them! I did that earlier this week with the 2016 Mutual Theme; 2 Nephi 31:20, and it was truly amazing!

I'm going to fast monthly and consistently.

I'm going to share my testimony more often!

I'm going to become more selfless.

This year, I want to GLOW. I want to SHINE. To RADIATE the happiness that I feel inside thanks to the restored gospel. I want to laugh more. Smile more. Compliment more. Build people up more!

Most of all, I want to dive HEAD-FIRST into the gospel like how Al Fox Carraway, one of my rolemodels, does everyday. I bought her book and it should come in the mail soon, and I am beyond excited. She radiates happiness, love, and hope. She really is a great rolemodel and example.

Man, I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring.

Oh, and here is a link to the survey if you haven't taken it yet! Click here!

Don't forget to follow along on Follow for updates whenever I post!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so comment!

And if you have a blog, feel free to leave me a link to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...